[Sca-cooks] Period Baklava

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 5 21:40:34 PDT 2007

Master Cariadoc replied:
<<<
> On Apr 4, 2007, at 10:10 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
>>  Yes, that is why I refer to that Florilegium file as "Period
>> *baklava-
>>  like* layered pastries". Hmmm. Okay, what is the difference between
>>  "phyllo" and "puff pastry"? I thought they were basically the same,
>> multiple, thin layers of pastry. And both post-1600.

In a previous post I gave the recipe for the leafy dish, which
exactly fits your description except that it is fried rather than
baked and is from the 13th century.
--
David Friedman

In case anyone is interested in the recipe of which Cariadoc speaks,
and perhaps to save him or others from having to post it to this
list, it can be found ( at least once :-) ) in the Florilegium
baklava-msg file.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas