[Sca-cooks] OOP Icing Question

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 8 18:46:06 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
Elizabeth mentioned:

<<< Buttercream icing has always worked pretty well for me.  You just
have to keep the cake out of direct sunlight. >>>

Why do you need to keep this icing out of direct sunlight? Because of
heat? Or because the sunlight makes it change color? Or something else?

Stefan  > > > >

I went to weddng where we watched the buttercream ever so slowly slide the
cake layers in the hot room.  We told one of the bride's family, but they
didn't seem concerned until the top layer had almost slid right off the cake
(bride and groom had hit the floor from the top) :o)

niccol difrancesco