[Sca-cooks] OOP Icing Question

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 19:48:08 PDT 2007

--- Lisa <ladyemp at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The actual recipe uses butter, but I tend to substitute Crisco when doing
> wedding cakes to get the pure white icing color instead of an off white.  A
> person could get the same flavor as buttercream by using butter flavoring,
> but it still wouldn't technically make it buttercream. I personally think of
> it as a wedding cake and practice icing myself, it's based on the
> buttercream recipe with a single substitution.
>
> Elizabeta

I am sorry Elizabeta, but no amount of "butter flavoring" will disguise the flavor of
Crisco.  Blech!  Yech!  Ick!  Icky! Icky! Petooey!  I hate criscocream frostings.  They
are an utter abomination.  And the people who make them and like them should be rounded
up and confined to leper colonies.  The only thing that Crisco is good for is for greasing
baking pans.

Years ago, I had a boss who made "shortbread" cookies who substituted crisco for butter.
They were the most gawd-awful cookies I have ever tasted.  Nasty, nasty, nasty!

And one of these days, I will tell you how I really feel about Crisco ... :-)

Huette

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/