[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP NYT Article on Math Formula For the Perfect Bacon Sandwich...

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Apr 11 07:38:08 PDT 2007

Random actual period food reference involving bacon:

Do we have any evidence whatsoever for baking bread with bacon inside it?
I make bacon-onion buns for camping events, but I haven't been able to
find any evidence that they're at all period. They're made with a brioche
dough and filled with diced onions and bacon cooked together until
caramelized. [I find I am more likely to eat if it doesn't involve
anything that might look like prep.]

I know Platina talks about baking small birds or cheese in dough. Can we
logically extrapolate to bacon, or would that be too much of a leap?

Margaret FitzWilliam, wondering where the flippin' h*ll this snow came
from