[Sca-cooks] Oh yum!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 22 20:06:15 PDT 2007

Huette commented:
<<< Yeah Lady Elspeth!

The menu sounds wonderful. >>>

Yes, I'll be saving the message on this feast for feast review
article for the Florilegium. I'd love to have more details from the
Cook's perspective and perhaps any recipes and redactions you did
specifically for this feast.

<<< However, the proper and period terminology is 1st Course, 2nd
Course, etc.  Remove is
a Victorian word.  So here is a mnemonic device to help you remember
this:

Remove "remove" from your vocabulary.  Of course, it's "course"!  >>>

I didn't catch this, so I guess it didn't stand out to me that
glaringly. However, it is an SCA term that I would like to see
corrected, although I find it less offensive that "feastocrat",
"troll", "autocrat" etc.

For more details on this and evidence to support such a change, see
this file in the FEAST section of the Florilegium:

Of-Course-art     (10K)  6/22/06    "Of Course It's 'Course'! Remove
'Remove'!"
                                        by Dame Alys Katharine, O.L.,
O.P.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Of-Course-art.html