[Sca-cooks] Mr. Perfect

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:23:57 PDT 2007

Heleen wrote:
Way cool! Is there a web link to see the article?
Phillipa
On Apr 29, 2007, at 9:36 PM, Suey wrote:

> >     In the Cultural Section of the local newspaper in Santiago, Chile
> > today are photos of table settings from our house. My husband is
> > totally
> > elated. He lent them to an exhibit reflecting the progress from
> > Colonial
> > table settings to the 18th Century when I was not around. . .
The web link is:
http://diario.elmercurio.cl/2007/04/29/artes_y_letras/_portada/noticias/8D869F0C-B287-4823-A618-A3CF87AF45F6.htm?id=%7B8D869F0C-B287-4823-A618-A3CF87AF45F6%7D
It reproduces the article in Spanish but if you don't want to wade
through all that click onto: "mas imagenes" above the photo displayed to
see more.
As the article states not all the items are ours such as the nef one of
my favorite pieces as my husband tried to make this a combination of
private collections and local museum pieces. Of his one of my favorites
is something that looks like an odd shaped butter dish in the first
photo to the right of the soup dish and silver setting. Actually it is a
bell to call the servant. The first time we ate alone here he presided
the laying of the table and beside the normal bell placed this 'dish'.
After seating me at one extreme of the table he then took his seat at
the other end just to tease me but told me if I needed his attention to
ring that bell!
Suey
I can't wait to hear his speech hopefully on Saturday.