[Sca-cooks] They Might Be Giants/Wikipedia (Was something about the Byzantine Empire...)

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Sat Apr 7 05:59:00 PDT 2007

> Yeah, but they didn't write it. It was written by Jimmy Kennedy and
> Nat Simon, and first recorded by the Four Lads in 1953, according to
> Wikipedia. I know that i had heard it long before "They Might Be
> Giants" ever thought of recording anything (i.e., before they were
> born).
>
> --
> Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
> the persona formerly known as Anahita

LOL, yes, I saw that too when I looked in Wikipedia last night myself!  Then
I went to YouTube and watched a couple of "Istanbul" videos, particularly
the Tiny Toons version.  They did one of "Particle Man" too.

Also, I'll agree with you, Urtatim, Wikipedia is a great place to find some
basic information _fast_ and jump from there to further research.  And, if
you disagree with what you see, there is always the option of joining up and
editing!

Best,

Helena