[Sca-cooks] "Fabulous Feasts"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 7 23:12:53 PDT 2007

Lord Vitaliano commented:
<<< Well, this is all great stuff, I now know what NOT to read, of
course,
Fab Feasts was never on my reading lists, and this Frugal Gourmet stuff
never really interested me either. >>>

Actually the first half of "Fabulous Feasts", the section which talks
about the history of various medieval foods and cooking isn't that
bad. The problem is with the recipes in the second half, since many
aren't that good, and no original recipes or attributions are given.
So, it isn't a bad read, just don't use the second half of the book
as good examples of medieval recipes.

For more comments and reviews of this book, see this file:
Fabulous-Fsts-msg (26K)  1/23/05    Reviews and comments on Madeleine
Pelner
                                        Cosman's "Fabulous Feasts".
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/Fabulous-Fsts-msg.html

Stefan