[Sca-cooks] Feudal model was Wikipedia article on Medieval Cuisine

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 1 15:37:31 PDT 2007

Actually, the feudal model and the manorial system have some interesting
effects on dining (including the use of trenchers).  There is also the very
interesting question of how the feudal system changed due to the reduced
grain harvests at the beginning of the little Ice Age.  Everything tends to
be interconnected and grist for the mill.

As for "Dark Ages," why that's what those scholars left sitting in my grade
school textbooks.  If they don't want the term used, they shouldn't be so
careless.  They also must be jealous of Francesco Petrarcha, who got there
before them.

Bear