[Sca-cooks] We're home

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 07:46:38 PDT 2007

Elizabeth and I are back from Pennsic so you all have to
behave now.

The War wasn't much fun this year. I think it was partially
due to the weather being lots of rain with intermittent hot.
But everyone seemed to be just a bit off this year as well.

We did get to meet with a lot of fellow Cooks and had the
potluck on Monday. Actually we spent a lot of time on Monday
in the SPCA cooking over an open fire. Roasts take far too
long over a fire for basic spinning but Potje or Dutch Oven
cookery is definately the way to go.

I even talked with a couple of folk who plan on signing up
for the Cook's list when they get back so we'll get to have
new playmates.

It was great to see Phlip, Stefan, Cariadoc, Elizabeth, Olwen
and so many others and spend time talking all things cookery.
I'm really sorry to have missed so many others and to not
have gotten to take the really wonderful sounding classes.
There simply isn't enough time at War! We need at least
another week!

I hope everyone had nice boring trips home.

Gunthar and Elizabeth