[Sca-cooks] New (To Me) Resources

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 24 20:52:16 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have been doing a round of web research and found the following items that
I wanted to share:

Bibliographie Gastronomique by Georges Vicaire (pub 1890)
The ultimate list of cookbooks!
http://visualiseur.bnf.fr/CadresFenetre?O=NUMM-21342&I=474&M=tdm

Two 16th century Polish herbals, O ziolach i ich mocy and Herbarz polski,
plus a bunch of other interesting stuff can be found on this link:
http://www.lonicera.hg.pl/bib/bib_online.html

I am looking for a copy of Kuchenmeisterei / Kuchenmeisterey / Kuchmistrz .
I currently have a facsimile copy of a manuscript that I found online.
However, it was written in several different hands, some of which I am just
not up to deciphering. I know there was a facsimile edition of a printed
version, but I am not having any luck finding it. I did find, I think, an
original copy at Bibliotheca Gastronomica
(http://www.antiquariat.net/gastronomica), an antique bookseller, but it was
a little outside my price range. Go here if you are interested:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?kn=kuchenmeisterey&sts=t&x=14&y=15

This brings up a search I did on the same site:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bi=0&bx=on&ds=30&kn=faksimile&sortby=2&sts=t&tn=kochbuch&x=32&y=11
I was lookin for German facsimile edition cookbooks and found a few.

A number of facsimile editions of cookbooks from the 16th through the 18th
centuries:
http://www.bib.ub.es/grewe/grewe1.htm

For those who can make it to the Los Angeles Public library, they have
Castore Durante's Il Tesoro Della Sanita (1588); Domenico Romoldi's La
Singolare Dottrina (1570); and Bartolomeo Scappi's Opera (1598) in the Rare
Books section:
http://www.lapl.org/resources/guides/food_drink.html

An Italian article about Sicily in the 15th century:
http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/servlet/SirveObras/77362370033909717287657/022406.pdf

Have fun,

Guillaume