[Sca-cooks] Sugar sponge

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Aug 8 17:53:52 PDT 2007

**Sugar in the raw http://www.sugarintheraw.com/
which comes from Maui
is Turbinado Sugar is made using 100% pure Hawaiian cane sugar from the
initial pressing of the cane, allowing the natural molasses to remain in
the crystals. The flavor is sweet and rich. The color is natural amber.
Sugar In The Raw is a natural, unrefined sugar made from sugar cane
grown in Maui. Juice is extracted from the sugar cane, and then
crystallized through evaporation. These crystals are rinsed with a very
small amount of water to remove just enough stickiness to make the
product free flowing. We pack this turbinado sugar and market it as
Sugar In The Raw.

Johnnae