[Sca-cooks] sauerkraut

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Fri Aug 31 14:35:57 PDT 2007

Stefan li Rous wrote:
> Do you use a particular period recipe or description or a modern
> version?
>
> I think I have a few recipes in this file but would like to have more:
> sauerkraut-msg    (36K)  9/25/05    Period sauerkraut and pickled
> cabbage.
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/sauerkraut-msg.html
>
> Hmmm. Okay in reviewing this file, unless you've since found a period
> recipe, your previous comments there sound like you are using general
> descriptions for making it.

Yup, that's basically it.  There are certainly period references that I
know of, but no recipe.  I think it's fairly likely that no written
recipe exists, since sauerkraut seems to have been something that a
professional cook would have bought ready-made, rather than made himself.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?