[Sca-cooks] [Sca-Cooks] To 10 pantry items

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Sun Aug 5 15:11:43 PDT 2007

>On Aug 5, 2007, at 4:59 PM, Adele de Maisieres wrote:
>

>>>The only time I've ever heard a major complaint [...] (as opposed
>>>to the ill-informed who just knee-jerk
>>>repeat the xenophobe mantra, "rotten fish" over and over again
>>>without ever coming within a mile of it),
>>>Oh, don't get me started on that kind of attitude, Adamantius.
>>>

>Okay. But do you feel I am inadequately opinionated on this subject
>already? I was trying to be polite! ;-)

I think that you are more than adequately opinionated, but you have the
potential to be truly exceptional. ;-)

> the most terrifying thing was the morcilla, which is
>a blood sausage, here made with rice, pork -- meat and blood, that
>is, and seasoned, apparently with cloves, and then, when cooked, cut
>into sections and sauced with a sweet yellow pepper sauce. Dzayumn!

I confess, I'm not overly into blood sausage.  This is an opinion based
on having actually tried it, though.

 ><snip various descriptions of other unfamiliar foods>

That all sounds delicious.   I think you get a lot more out of eating if
you're willing to try new things.  The best thing to with food opinions
informed by "ewww! rotten fish!" type prejudices is to tune them out
entirely.  More for the rest of us.  :-)

(I made 10lb of sauerkraut for the last feast T and I cooked.  I should
have made 20.)

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,