[Sca-cooks] Greetings from the Incipient Shire of Tymberhavene in AnTir

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 11 10:51:52 PDT 2007

I see no particular conflict between hospitality and scholarship, but if one
ignores scholarship, then bacon, sausage, eggs and biscuits work just fine
for me.  I've also whipped up cinnamon rolls, pancakes and French toast for
SCA breakfasts, but I don't like creating the false impression that this is
anything close to a true Medieval or Rennaisance breakfast.

As the breakfast is being set around a competition, where I assume
scholarship has a place, then I think ancillary dishes should be in keeping
with the historical context.

As for my question, let's phrase it slightly differently, what evidence do
we have as to what was served at breakfast during SCA period?  A discussion
of this might improve the historical accuracy of Lady Katla's breakfast
competition, which is an interesting idea.

Bear