[Sca-cooks] Annals of the Caliph's Kitchen was Forthcoming Book list

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Aug 13 08:59:20 PDT 2007

I am back with some more information as regards Annals of
the Caliphs' Kitchen.
The author's note--
*Nawal Nasrallah* was a professor of English and comparative literature
at the universities of Baghdad and Mosul. As an independent scholar, one
of her recent publications is /Delights from the Garden of Eden: A
Cookbook and a History of the Iraqi Cuisine/(Authorhouse, 2003).

Delights from the Garden of Eden is described here:
http://www.iraqicookbook.com/
I think Devra tried carrying copies but found that it didn't sell.
Considered to be too expensive.

Someone has already asked about possible interlibrary loaning it in
2008. At $195 I am not sure how many libraries
will actually buy a copy and even make it available for loan on their
own campuses.
It may be regarded as being too expensive to loan.

Johnnae