[Sca-cooks] Honey, I'm Home...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Aug 30 07:00:50 PDT 2007

> Well, there were so many days of rain... far more than i heard was
> usual (whatever "usual" is for Pennsic). Even before i left Cooper's
> Lake i threw away the cotton drop cloth i use as my pavilion floor
> over my "ubiquitous blue tarp" and i've got some mildewed stuff that
> i will have to replace (i got to wash it in hot water and bleach at
> my cousin's house in Columbus Ohio on the 15th, so it isn't still
> alive...).
> And while i know it's usually hot and humid at Pennsic, is it usually
> so suffocatingly humid?

This year the theme for the weather was, in fact, humidity. However,
it's not usually that consistently humid-- some years it's been
suffocatingly dry, some years it's been incredibly rainy, but mostly the
trademark of Pennsic weather is that no three days in a row are
generally alike. The fact that the humidity/heat didn't drop at night to
chilly levels until the last day was unusual. Apparently there was a
major pressure system sitting on the PA/WV border that just didn't move
for about a week, causing the humidity/rain combination.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net