[Sca-cooks] Pomegranate info, looking for Artemesia

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 03:00:25 PST 2007

Hi Stefan!

THL [and actually Baroness] Artemesia di Serena is no longer on this list.  She is my apprentice
and she has changed her name to Asakura no Maishi.  I don't recall that she ever wrote such an
article.  I think that the article's authoress is someone else from Lochac who goes the name of
Artemesia.

Huette

--- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Greetings to this list,
>
> I got this email this afternoon. After digging around a bit, I think
> the article was published issue 12 of Cockatrice, the A&S newsletter
> of Lochac and that she found it in this file in the INFO-SOURCES
> section of the Florilegium as:
> Cockatrice-toc    (15K)  1/30/02    Table of Contents listing of
> issues 1-12 of
>                                         Cockatrice, the A&S nmagazine
> of Lochac.
>
> Unfortunately, the only info given in my file is:
> "The pretty pink pomegranate potion of paradise"    "Artemesia"
> "Food & Drink"
>
> I think the author might be Lady Artemesia Serena, who has sometimes
> been on this list.  I have sent her the contact info I had for Serena
> since that is available publicly from articles Serena has written
> which are in the Florilegium.
>
> Serena, are you on here and is this your article?  If so, I'd like to
> read it as well, and maybe consider it for the Florilegium. :-)
>
> I don't have that issue of Cockatrice. Does someone else, and can
> they send a copy of the article to Jennifer? This way, Jennifer can
> decide whether it would be useable for her article, while pursuing
> the permissions she might need? If it doesn't work for her, then
> there is no need to try to contact Artemesia, for instance.
>
> I have pointed Jennifer to a couple of files in the Florilegium which
> might provide her some background info on pomegranates and beverages
> using pomegranates, but if anyone else has any suggestions please
> email her.
>
> Stefan
>
> =====
> From: 	  jlbelkus at hotmail.com
> Subject: 	finding and SCA article
> Date: 	December 1, 2007 3:45:17 PM CST
> To: 	  stefan at florilegium.orgHi Stefan!
>
> I am a freelance writer researching the pomegranate.  I found that
> your organization published something on the The Pretty Pink
> Pomegranate Potion of Paradise.  Do you have a copy of this to
> review?  I am interested to know if it might fit my article and if
> you would allow permission to reprint.  I am writing a piece on
> pomegranates tying into the pomegranate martini for the Valentine's
> issue of Portsmouth Magazine.
>
> Of course, I'm on deadline.  If this can all work out by sometime
> Sunday, I may be able to use it.
>
> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> Jennifer Belkus
> ======
>
> --------
>     Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/