[Sca-cooks] cannoli tubes/forms

terry l. ridder terrylr at blauedonau.com
Thu Dec 6 12:11:09 PST 2007

hello;

i would like to experiement with homemade ricotta cheese and
cannoli. the homemade ricotta cheese i have a good handle on
, it is the cannoli tubes/forms that are the problem. i have
aluminum flashing that would make fine cannoli tubes, i also
have several 3/4 inches hardwood dowels that would also make
the size of cannoli i am wanting to make. the aluminum tubes
would take me sometime to make given my limited mobility.
cutting the dowels to the desired length would not take that
long. i would be able to use my jeweler's saw in the kitchen
to cut the dowels. getting someone to haul one of the large
beach vise / make shift anvil to make the aluminum tubes is
not that easy. putting a large bench vise on my parents olde
dinner room table just does not seem appropriate. ;-)

would anyone on the e-mail list have tried using wood dowels
to form cannolis? would anyone on the e-mail list have tried
to make aluminum cannoli tubes/forms?

the reason for making them is i have supplies on hand to make
the cannoli tubes, i am just wondering if the additional time
and effort to make the aluminum cannoli tubes/forms is worth it.

--
terry l. ridder ><>