[Sca-cooks] Freezing sausage

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 7 08:31:59 PST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Michael Gunter wrote:

> But has anyone frozen cooked sausage and then reheated it?
>
> I'm worried about degradation of the texture. Although the boiling
> bags are very forgiving and are much easier on reheating food I
> still would prefer not to get an unpleasant surprise. I can cook them
> on site in the big stockpots of water but would prefer to keep
> the water clean if at all possible.
>
> Any thoughts?

I think you can do it. Unless you cook them for a very long time, long
enough for the meat to acquire that stewed-meat texture where the fat
starts to disintegrate and the connective tissue turns to gelatin,
there shouldn't be a problem, especially if you have the right grade
of grind.

If they can do it with hot dogs...

Adamantius