[Sca-cooks] "Libro de cozina" recipe, Manjar blanco en mas breue suma.

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 8 18:38:46 PST 2007

emilio szabo wrote:

> As far as I know, the translation is based upon the spanish text (Libro de cozinha,
> libro de guisados). The title of the catalan version is "Libre del coch".

You are correct.  My translation is from the 1529 Spanish edition.

> The catalan text is online here:
>
> http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/servlet/SirveObras/57915397105571162900080/index.htm
>

> However, I am not sure if there is a counterpart to our recipe.
>

> E.

I don't see one.  The 1530 Catalan edition has several blancmange
recipes, but not the one that Marco mentioned.

Sorry to be slow in responding -- I've been busy with some family health
issues.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom