[Sca-cooks] OOP Burned Popcorn

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 10 07:35:44 PST 2007

> It's not so much that people set the microwave going and walk away.
> It's the fact that they suddenly, and invariably, as if there's some
> law at work, remember some really urgent appointment. It's the blind,
> inescapable, pre-destined, despairing certainty of it... if it were a
> matter of needing, for some health or other logical imperative, to be
> elsewhere (microwaves are bad for you, and you need to be at least 15
> feet away from a working microwave, say), but nobody seems to be
> working on this line of thinking. It is illogical to the point of
> perversity.

It's a popcorn thing, actually. No matter what type of popcorn popping
device I use, as soon as I start it, something happens. Someone calls, I
get a call of nature, etc.

Fortunately, I've introduced my family-of-choice to the joys of REAL
pan-popped popcorn (which is not helping us South Beach, but which Sarah
decreed to be traditional Hanukah food, with the oil and all). So
"SOMEBODY DEAL WITH THAT, I'm making the POPCORN!" suffices. (And I go
visit Nature BEFORE I put the kettle on.)

___
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net