[Sca-cooks] Keep an eye out for me

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 17 14:17:01 PST 2007

Greetings all,

            While getting ready for a Gingerbread House class this morning
at The Viking Store, a film crew showed up in my classroom to shoot footage
for teasers for a new set of classes that is being introduced in 2008 - Food
for Life.  They focus on healthy foods and getting the kids and whole family
involved in meal preparation and dining times.  They shot probably an hour
total of me teaching, demonstrating, and doing sound bites, probably none of
which but shots of my hands will show up on screen ;)

            This will be footage sent out to TV stations to use as they
start to gear up for their New Year's Resolution pieces and 'get fit after
the holidays' type of stuff.  If you should be watching your local evening
news sometime and spot me, I'd love to know about it. (Chef Christy me - not
Mrs. Claus - although it is hard to miss my bright white hair :-) ) It
probably will be quick, but as usual when you deal with the media, you never
know what they will do with the information and footage they leave with.  As
there are Viking stores in many major cities, it is possible it will show up
in one of those markets (can't name all of them, but they include St. Louis,
MO; Franklin, TN; Dallas, TX; San Fran, CA; DC; and others I can't
remember).

            It was fun, and I did save their butts - I pulled a complete
class out of my hat with a bag of unseen ingredients they handed me 30
minutes before we filmed it.  They brought in two small girls and some
'parents' - lol, and as soon as we cleaned up from gingerbread decorating,
we put the show on.   I'm not sure what the "talent" they brought with them
was going to do, but after I showed her the best way to show vegetables to
the camera and how not to upstage herself while opening a refrigerator door,
they didn't use her anymore and only filmed me :-)

            Cheers!

            Chef Christy