[Sca-cooks] OOP -- Does anyone own an Oster Kitchen Center?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 19 14:05:44 PST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 4:20 PM, Etain1263 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/19/2007 4:11:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> adamantius1 at verizon.net writes:
>
> What's  the deal? Anybody know?
>

> I'm assuming that the motor driving this appliance is similar to the
> one on
> Oster blenders.  Oster blenders are used in virtually every research
> lab  that
> needs protein based substances pureed.  The reputation is that it
> is  the
> finest instrument (motor and blades) for this purpose.   I suspect
> that in
> recent years, other products work just as well, but the Osterizer
> blender hasn't
> been replaced due to it's doing a fine job, and "if it ain't  broke,
> don't fix
> it".
>
> Etain

Well, I know the blender carafe and blade set that came with this
appear to be completely interchangeable with the one from the
Osterizer blender we already owned (also many years old, with the
carafe replaced within the past year when I managed to
psychokinetically cause it to fly into space before exploding
spectacularly on the tiled floor...).

So evidently Osterizers are still a more or less current design...
perhaps by extension, this set hasn't lost its vim yet, either.

Thanks!

Adamantius