[Sca-cooks] OOP -- Does anyone own an Oster Kitchen Center?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 19 14:22:52 PST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 4:20 PM, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> I have a friend who owns that set.  He swears by it.  He even went
> so far as to buy a complete other set at the thrift store "just in
> case".  The second set wasn't all that cheap either.

Complete set, motor, modules, blades, attachments, everything? That's
faith...

>  It seems to me his came from his mom as well.  I can tell you that
> it will mix the heck out of marzipan without burning up the motor.
> Olwen

Mahvelous! I'm still a real devotee of the Robot-Coupe R2 in Ugly
Industrial Cherry Red and Cream (show it off on your kitchen counter
-- frighten the kiddies -- who could possibly display such an item
with pride unless they take their food processing seriously?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBOT-COUPE-R2-COMMERCIAL-FOOD-PROCESSOR_W0QQitemZ270197412339QQihZ017QQcategoryZ36346QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Current bid is $41; I guarantee this will not sell for less than
$400-500. Probably closer to $700. Oy. But it's what I'm used to
using. There are still a million attachments easily available, but I
never knew a restaurant that owned too many of them. If the boss (or
for that matter, me) caught you using the shredder or slicing blades
it was considered a pretty clear professional admission ;-). However,
it's pretty much the gold standard, and has been for many years, since
it bridged the gap between the equipment for small restaurant
kitchens, behaving like an appliance for a home kitchen, and the huge
kitchens whose appliances read "Hobart Buffalo Chopper" on the label...

On the other hand, the Oster set was free ;-).

Adamantius