[Sca-cooks] Virtual Cookie Exchange

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 23 05:17:38 PST 2007

On Dec 23, 2007, at 5:15 AM, ranvaig at columbus.rr.com wrote:

>>> Selene Colfox sent us this shortbread recipe:
>>>
>>> <<< Scotch Shortbread
>>>
>>> 2 parts* butter [real, salted]
>>> 1 part sugar [any old sugar is ok, some like powdered, I like brown]
>>> 3 part flour
>>> 1 part rice flour or cornstarch >>>
>>>
>>> Okay, I'm confused. At what point do you add the Scotch?
>>
>> You add it to the cook, drink it will you are making the shortbread.
>
> That should have been "while you are making the shortbread"
> You'd think I'd already been at the scotch.

Up to a certain point, a good whisky will only enhance the
communicative faculties of the drinker. I've even got personal
experience with it and The Gift of Glossolalia, or Speaking In Tongues.

It's also not bad with shortbread. A nice Madeira or sherry's good, too.

Adamantius