[Sca-cooks] Virtual Cookie Exchange

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 23 10:46:43 PST 2007

On Dec 23, 2007, at 12:56 PM, S CLEMENGER wrote:

> Scotch, shortbread, and Constant Comment? Hmmmm.....
> --Maire, thinking that would be a *nice* treat on the 24th, provided
> she substitutes her 15 y.o. Jameson's for the Scotch....and provided
> she doesn't eat the last few pieces of shortbread beforehand....

Do they still make a 15-year-old Jameson's? She Who Must Be Obeyed
went in search of a decent Irish whisky for a gift (eventually coming
home with Tullamore Dew, which I'd heard of, but never actually seen
before), and the guys at the liquor store (who tend to know our buying
patterns and that we don't tend to bother with crap) were recommending
a product called Redbreast, which is apparently 12 years old, but
alleges to be the only single-pot-still Irish whisky available. I
think she decided to get some for the house next time...

In the mean time, the Tullamore Dew website states that a huge number
of distilleries in Ireland were sold and closed in approximately 1959,
and that almost all the Irish whisky on the market is made in one of
only two distilleries.

Adamantius