[Sca-cooks] Happy Festivus To All, plus Xmas menus for those who do that...

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 24 06:37:35 PST 2007

I've seen several mentions on this very list of "frog eye salad". While i am certain it does not involve actual frog's eyes, i don't
know what is in it. Anyone care to elucidate?

It is called 'Frog Eye' because someone thought the little Ancine de Pepe noodles looked like frogs eyes.  In my home, it is made with tiny star-shaped pasta instead.  The sauce is cooked sugar, flour, lemon juice, pineapple juice, and a few other things (my recipe is upstairs right now). The sauce is stirred into the pasta, pineapple, mandarine orange slices and marshmallows.

If you want to make it, google will yield about a thousand recipes for it.  That was where I got mine!

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.