[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP Gifts at Hanukah

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 9 06:02:19 PST 2007

I had thought that a small gift each night of Hanukah was the norm.  Guess that goes to show what I know.  Need to look more into it I guess .. my brother-of-choice is in a long-term relationship with a woman who was raised Jewish (currently not practicing in the home I am told).  I sent them a Hanukah card for her and a Christmas card for him and a pound of 100% Kona coffee from Bad Ass Coffee for both.  I know how to cook for her when next they come to visit, but I would like to know more about how to respect her customs.

AND

I have a question

How do you spell that?   I have seen Hanukah and Chanukah and several other variations ... what is the preferred and what is the difference??

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.