[Sca-cooks] what are they thinking (rant)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Dec 12 11:45:23 PST 2007

Terry, most of that crap is designed and marketed for people with more
money than sense. If you were to follow up the sales, you'd discover
that most of the implements are rarely used, and basicly set up sp
their kitchen looks good.

Me, I'll spend money on something I want- good knives come to mind.
But, like you, I'm perfectly capable of making do with used of less
expensive equipment- however, finding the good stuff DSOES require a
commitment to looking around- and for some of these folks, time is
money- it may well be cheaper for them to buy what they think is the
best available, than to go to sales, etc and look for it.

And just think- when they take up another hobby, or get bored, all
that interesting stuff will be out there for the rest of us to
scrounge ;-)