[Sca-cooks] Seeking recipes for College group

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 10:27:10 PST 2007

In a message dated 12/14/2007 10:47:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wildecelery at aol.com writes:

<<Our local college SCA crew is hoping to host and event in  March.? Like
most college campuses, their food service agency gets 1st dibs.?  They have
agreed to prepare a menu based on medieval guidelines and/or recipes,  and to do a
"teaser" meal for the whole campus the night before.>>

Sounds like fun.  We had that situation with a church where we were  holding
Coronation.  They insisted their people had to cook the food.   When they saw
the recipes, they decided that we could cook the food as long as  their staff
was in the kitchen to supervise.  So we stuck them in server's  tabards and
made them useful.

<<Ideas/Suggestions/Actual  recipes , please?>>

My thought, to avoid wierding out both the  kitchen staff and the rest  of
the school, is to go with mostly familiar things and one or two slightly more
exotic things.  So maybe something familiar like Macrows or, for slightly  more
exotic, Losyns; sausages with mustard or a beef dish with a medieval sauce
on the side; maybe a chicken soup/stew type dish; salat; perhaps another
veggie,  maybe De Nola's spinach; and a sweet pie or period applesauce.  Mostly
familiar foods but with a different taste/texture than they are used  to.

Brangwayna Morgan