[Sca-cooks] Seeking recipes for College group

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 14 17:28:38 PST 2007

Ardenia asked:

<<< Our local college SCA crew is hoping to host and event in March.?
Like most college campuses, their food service agency gets 1st dibs.?
They have agreed to prepare a menu based on medieval guidelines and/
or recipes, and to do a "teaser" meal for the whole campus the night
before.

Ideas/Suggestions/Actual recipes , please? >>>

I think that you need to narrow down your question a little bit by
type of feast or era in the Middle Ages or culture.

This file in the SCA-EVENT-PLANNING section of the Florilegium has
some info on dealing with outside kitchen crews.
hotel-events-msg  (24K)  1/11/06    Holding SCA events in hotels.
Suggestions.

You might then want to wander through some of the feast descriptions
and reviews of a wide variety of SCA feasts in the FEASTS section for
some ideas. Some of these will include menus, some will not. In many
cases you can find recipes for the menu items that don't have recipes
in other food sections of the Florilegium, or ask here once you have
a better idea of specific dishes you might want.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com