[Sca-cooks] OOP -- Does anyone own an Oster Kitchen Center?

Maggie MacD. maggie5 at cox.net
Wed Dec 19 14:48:13 PST 2007

>Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>
>"Oster  Designer Electronic 'Kitchen Center' "
>
> > I gather this is a sort of Poor Man's KitchenAid, but perhaps not so
> > poor as I had supposed... so I was looking on eBay
> > for a replacement for the Mixer Arm, and I'm seeing them for sale. I'm
> > also seeing entire sets like the one I own for what seem like
> > ridiculously high prices for what's got to be a 15-20-year-old small
> > appliance.
> > Adamantius

I had two of these, and in cooking for the SCA they both simply wore out.

If you're cooking for just one household/family, its wonderful (even
amazing) in its versatility.

But once you start doing the very heavy duty cooking of a feast for 100,
making bread, etc., it just doesn't hold up.

I miss my Oster kitchen centers, but ... oh well.

Regards,
Maggie