[Sca-cooks] OT - Canned White Shoepeg Corn

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 29 13:39:40 PST 2007

I only buy the canned Green Giant White Shoepeg Corn (here in California) because it is the best off the cob corn available.  In the summer I buy ears just off the stalk at the farmer's market.   I understand why it really want it for this recipe and recipes that specifically call for it make it clear it is different from the usual yellow corn available canned or frozen.

I too googled it and found the link below.  Is this brand not available nationally?

I recently discovered that a wonderful product, Lighter Bake, is no longer being sold in California and the cheapest shipping costs for a jar of it ($1.95) is $9.75!!   Needless to say, I use the prune puree option which worked well for a super moist Orange-Scented Cranberry Bread that I had for breakfast this morning.

Good luck on your search.

Katira> To: SCA-Cooks at Ansteorra.org> From: StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 02:01:46 -0600> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] OT - Canned White Shoepeg Corn> > Jane Boyko asked about sources for shoepeg corn.> > I never realized it was anything out of the ordinary. But then those > up in Maple syrup country might feel the same about that.snip