[Sca-cooks] where and when to start

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Feb 1 16:17:19 PST 2007

Wow.. it sounds like you've got the equipment down pat. But I'd start
planning now. Once you have a plan, you can alter it if purchasing and
availalblity considerations for your ingredients warrant it.

Start laying out menus. Remember you want to provide plenty of variety
and not duplicate too many ingredients if you can help it, though you
with appropriate care for hot and cold requirements of serving --
remember the 4 hour between 40 and 140 degrees farenheit rule--,
leftovers from one meal can sometimes be incorporated into another.

Since you are serving family-style, plan for foods that lend themselves
to such service. Also, think about the level of energy your cooks and
helpers will have-- breakfasts should be easy-peasy and plan for a slow
time in the late afternoon several hours before the feast.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net