[Sca-cooks] Turnips or Rutabagas? lost soups

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 8 15:13:26 PST 2007

On Feb 8, 2007, at 5:19 PM, silverr0se at aol.com wrote:

> If you check here:
>
> http://www.campbellwellness.com/product-list.asp?brandID=1
>
> you can click on the link to condensed soups, which appears to be a
> list of all their currently produced, regular, condensed soup line
> (as opposed to the various Chunky Soup, Healthy Request products
> neither healthy nor requested, generally ;-)  )
>
> Adamantius
>

> Hmmm, so they still Scotch Broth alrighty - I wonder if I can/need
> to special order it. I notice they make a soup called Pepper Pot -
> has anyone ever had this and if so, what isit?
>
> Renata

It alleges to be a specialty of the city of Philadelphia. It's
basically, as far as I can tell, from seeing recipes and actually
eating the Cambell's product, which isn't very good but not actively
toxic, beef-tripe vegetable soup, with reasonable lashings of black
pepper.

I am not opposed to real tripe, and can imagine the real McCoy might
not be bad.

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782