[Sca-cooks] What got into the chickens?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Feb 11 10:34:22 PST 2007

And whatever dirt the girls kick into their nest boxes. I try to keep
plenty of clean straw or hay down, but rainy days (which we haven't
had for a few weeks) mean they track mud in and all over the eggs by
the time I get to them.

After no eggs yesterday, btw, they gave me 5 today- only one banty
egg, and 4 huge normal sized hen eggs.

And Tie- Dye, one of the banty roosters, escaped. He figured he wanted
to get into the duck feed, I think, and tried to pick a fight with
Red, a Rhode Island rooster about twice his size. He won, too- Red's a
wimp. Will bully you if you let him, but quits as soon as you fight
back. Caught him, and everyone's happy with their feed and water.
Except Tie- Dye- he missed out on all the dog food when he was out
adventuring.

They're a lot of fun ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Psalm 146
King James Bible