[Sca-cooks] What got into the chickens?

charding at nwlink.com charding at nwlink.com
Sun Feb 11 17:40:17 PST 2007

We find that white wood shavings work better than straw.  they don't kick
it all out of teh nest box.

We are also experiencing egg-flation.  we were getting 2 eggs every other
day and after the solstice have been getting 3 or more each day.  (except
for teh past few days where teh temperatures at night have been down in
the 20s.) This will increase over the next few months til we are getting
18 every day.

We trade eggs to the bakery down the road for bread and sandwiches.

Maeva