[Sca-cooks] Things that are like other things (WAS RE: Okay, it's that time again...)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Feb 11 20:39:21 PST 2007

On 2/11/07, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius <adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> I always assumed rumaki was originally a Japanese thing; Wikipedia
> says it's Hawaiian; the earliest variants I believe I encountered
> were chicken liver and bacon, water chestnut and bacon, and liver and
> water chestnuts, with bacon, rolled up and skewered, marinated in soy
> sauce, and broiled or grilled.

Interesting. My Dad had said that he first discovered them when he was
a kid in Guam- that would be, maybe late 30s (he was born in 1933) or
middle 40s (after the War- I don't remember when he said he lived
there, just when he was a kid).

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Psalm 146
King James Bible