[Sca-cooks] Intro from new person and my first quest for the perfect recipe...

Marion Waldegrave marionofwintersgate at twistedsistah.com
Sun Feb 11 22:43:14 PST 2007

Well met from the Northern Most Barony of Winter's Gate in Fairbanks
Alaska!  I am new to the SCA and am fascinated with cooking, so
naturally I am going to be delving into the creation of period
dishes.  The challenge up here is incorporating some of the local
meat (Moose, caribou, king crab etc..) with period dishes.

Oh first, I am Marion Waldegrave, early tudor 1510-ish, Widowed and
hail from North Umberland.  Mundane wise, I am a non traditional
college student helping raise my two youngest children with my ex
husband and my current significant other in duel households, while
maintaining a job and full time college.  SCA seemed to be the
perfect thing to encourage my children's love of Medieval stuff and
my love for anything crafty and medieval too!

Back to my current delima of King Crab legs... how do i serve them if
i want to prepare them period? Is there any dishes for shell fish or
any other rich seafood that I can incorporate them? Perhaps just
normal with butter and an accompanied dish?  We have a challenge for
Hearts Revel this year for period food with our local food, and I
have 10 pounds of king crab just DIEING to get ate! Anyone have any
ideas?

Greetings again from Winter's Gate!

Marion