[Sca-cooks] eggs

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Feb 13 07:21:15 PST 2007

It's a very common recipe, here in the states- in fact, they're often
served as bar food. And, there's not much you can do to scres them up
;-)

Just boil and peel your eggs, and put them in a container with or
without your beets. Add all the juice, and fill the rest of the way to
the top with vinegar and cover. I usually leave them out the first few
days, and have the container on its top one day, on its bottom the
next (I use wide mouth jars), just so everything gets mixed in well,
then put them in the fridge. They're edible with reasonable color
after a week- after that, the color just deepens.

They make very interesting stuffed eggs as well, particularly if you
top the filling with something bright- I like to use a dab of red
caviar.

And, you can do them as marbled eggs, too, although that takes longer.
Just break but don't remove the eggshells all over, and throw them
into the beet juice and top with vinegar.

You can also add a couple sprigs of various herbs or other flavorings,
or use different flavored vinegars (although the default is apple
cider vinegar).

BTW, Lucrezia, glad to see you posting again ;-) Will you be favoring
us with your company more often?

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Psalm 146
King James Bible