[Sca-cooks] Alpha cooks (was Re: OT/OOP From today's NY Times Food section...)

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 15 07:10:12 PST 2007

I am the alpha cook. My husband really doesn't cook; he does a few things, but most of the time, he'd rather have me do it. And I'd rather do it too; I've felt that way for years, since I saw him, when he was making dough for a pizza, grab a five-pound bag of flour and get it open by whacking into the top with a butcher knife like it was a head he was decapitating. Watching that spray of flour across the kitchen made me scream "Are out of your mind? Get the hell out of this room!"

Gianotta