[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP From today's NY Times Food section...

terry l. ridder terrylr at blauedonau.com
Thu Feb 15 08:42:37 PST 2007

hello;

i am definite the alpha male cook.

the only time someone else is allowed in the kitchen is when
i am baking. since a work accident in 1996 i have lost the ability to
sense hot and cold in my hands. many a time my daughters have pushed me
away from the oven when i was reaching in with bare hands. now i keep
several pair of leather welding gloves in the kitchen so i will not burn
myself.

i learned to cook on my grandmother's wood stove on the farm.

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius provided:

>> February 14, 2007
>>
>> He Cooks. She Stews. It?s Love.
>>
>> By KATHERINE WHEELOCK
>> YOLANDA EDWARDS was at a friend?s house in Brooklyn for dinner when
>> the hostess asked her to pull out a pot for boiling pasta. Ms.
>> Edwards froze. As her friend looked at her in disbelief, she said
>> she was not up to the job.

<snip>

--
terry l. ridder ><>