[Sca-cooks] stuffed camel, anyone

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 23 22:41:31 PST 2007

<<< I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone making a whole stuffed
camel...and I haven't seen any recipes for camel in any of the ME
cookbooks,
though I'm far from being an expert.  However, I have heard of roasts
made
from the camel's hump...

Kiri

>>> http://mideastfood.about.com/od/middleeasternfood101/f/
>>> stuffedcamel.htm
>>>
>>> Anyone have any views...?
>>>
>> ****** Doc checked it out and wrote
>>
> Snopes says it's a real published recipe, but doesn't say whether
> anyone
> actually has ever made it.
>
>> http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/camel.asp    - Doc
>> From: Daniel Myers <edoard at medievalcookery.com>  >>>

You can find this recipe referenced several times in the Florilegium.
Several are in this file:
meat-stuffed-msg  (24K)  4/20/05    Meat stuffed with various mixtures.

Here is a message originally posted to this list: