[Sca-cooks] listing of ingredients...

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 11:05:48 PST 2007

In a message dated 2/25/2007 10:47:26 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
karobert at unm.edu writes:

i think  you will catch more flies with honey.  people will
try things if they  know what't in it, rather than not
knowing at all.

it's really a  good idea.  you just need to get used to
sticking to the recipe (and  having a spoon for each pot).

There was a time in the Outlands when it was the really unwritten  rule to
post ingredient lists.  There were a lot of people with allergies  who made
decisions on what events they would attend and eat at based on  them.

I try and place in the event articles for any feasts I cook that they need
to contact me about allergies and aversions.  I cook alternative dishes  when I
can. It is a pet peeve of mine for someone who has allergies or issues  with
something to just show up and then gripe about what they can or cannot eat.  I
had a particularly special person show up to a Hunters Feast (all donated
wild  game) who was vegan, and had allergies to wheat and corn and nuts .
Expected me to have readily available food. It so happens I did, but had to cook  a
couple of things separate and use margarine instead of butter.

It does keep you honest, making things from scratch rather than using mixes
of any kind.

Aldyth

If it is not  any fun, stop doing it. Find something that is fun, and start
doing it. Life is  too short not to have fun.
http://www.aol.com.