[Sca-cooks] Brown rice syrup?

rattkitten rattkitten at hughes.net
Sun Feb 25 18:32:13 PST 2007

Nope I can not speak for the diabetic side of it simply the allergen
side or reactive? side... Doctors said it was an allergy to sucrose, but
my guess would be that it was a reaction to it.  She just got really
aggressively angry, stuffy head, sleepy, didn't want to breath, didn't
not want to breath, didn't want anyone else breathing, headache-y, kind
of thing.  I don't want to inadvertently start off the allergy/reactive
debate.  However one herbal suggestion that I can offer as yet another
sugar/sucrose substitute is Stevia.  Julie's saving grace was the
ability to use Fructose as a substitute.  I must say that I was
extremely happy when we discovered that THAT Did NOT cause a reaction.

Nichola