[Sca-cooks] Brown rice syrup?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 25 13:43:56 PST 2007

I know that Hroar can't eat rice of any sort because it really spikes his blood sugars and keeps
them really high for several days.  I don't know if this is a universal truth or just one only
related to Hroar.  But my advice is to not substitute it for Splenda.

Huette

--- Elaine Koogler <kiridono at gmail.com> wrote:

> So then, what you are saying is that I might even be able to use it to
> replace the syrups that some things need that I can use Splenda for...and
> avoid the sugar/carb thing that I have to do for my diabetes??
>
> Kiri
>
> On 2/24/07, rattkitten <rattkitten at hughes.net> wrote:
> >
> > I have used it quite a lot.  It is a very valid and tasty Sucrose
> > substitute.  We subbed it in for most cases where you would use corn
> > syrup.  It cooks basically the same.  It also can sub in for sugar of
> > course but is trickier to use in batters and such as it is a syrup and
> > not granulated.  We used it in a Gingerbread house so that my ex could
> > actually work with the cooking and construction.  (She would have very
> > bad reactions to sucrose.)  What was nice about it was that it was
> > natural and not the little packets.
> >
> > Nichola
> >

> > Kathleen Madsen wrote:
> > > While restocking my pantry from my recent move I found
> > > in our local Safeway a product called Brown Rice
> > > Syrup.  It was right next to the molassas and Karo
> > > corn syrup.  I'm guessing it's just another sugar
> > > alternative but more natural than the little pink and
> > > blue packets.  Has anyone tried it?  What would you
> > > use it for?  Does it have a distinctively different
> > > taste?
> > >
> > > Eibhlin

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/