[Sca-cooks] listing of ingredients...

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:57:03 PST 2007

Here in the West, it is quite common for the menu distributed at the feast
to have a *complete* list of ingredients for each dish.  And, when asked
(read begged), the cooks always post their recipe sources and recipies.  I
cannot understand why one would NOT want to make it possible for everyone to
safely enjoy what they eat at a feast.  Nor why one would not want to share
the recipies.  People are allergic to all sorts of things and these
ingredients can appear in unexpected dishes.  AND that is just in modern
restaurants.  Please be kind to your feasting public and share this most
important information.  Perhaps for large feasts, adding new ingredients as
you taste isn't appropriate.

Just my two cents.  Even though I can eat everything with no problems, I
have many friends with allergies and all they ask is to know which dishes
they should avoid.  Oh, and noone ever asks for special treatment at a
feast, though most cooks will provide some special veggie dishes if the
feast is heavy on meats.

Katira