[Sca-cooks] Pre-Registrations for Feast

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com Stanza693 at wmconnect.com
Wed Feb 28 08:00:13 PST 2007

In a message dated 2/27/2007 3:57:21 PM Mountain Standard Time, Nick Sasso
writes:

> I would literally PAY for that opportunity.  We generally have our feasts
> limit set around 175ish and have people miander in for reservations all the
> way up to the door.  Our part of the world, for some odd reason isn't so
> much pre-reserve focused.  I have often ended up being asked by event
> steward if I can manage extending service numbers as late as the day before
> the event . . . sometimes day of, in the name of customer
> service/hospitality extended to weary travelers.
>

> pacem et bonum,
> niccolo difrancesco

Are you in a heavily military area?  I don't know if it is true SCA wide, but
some places that I have been as a military dependent had troubles with
pre-reg concept because the soldiers (and therefore spouses!) couldn't guarantee
that they would be in town due to the uncertainty of the training calendar, staff
duty calendar, and all the deployments.

I understand the great help it is to an autocrat/head cook to have numbers,
but I, personally, hated to pay the fees and loose them because my husband
suddenly got deployed!  (Now that we are retired, we know our schedules and can
pre-reg.)

A sus ordenes,
Constanza