[Sca-cooks] herb seasoning question

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 28 21:21:23 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
< < < < >Yes?  It had to be very finely chopped meat, cooking the meat
products
>(meat and fat) is what made the fisk cake/ball hold together.  It also
>didn't taste gamey (like sheep or lamb) at all.  Nor did it taste like
>fishy fish.

Ummm... sheep and lamb shouldn't taste gamey.  > > > > > >

I am guessing that compared to a fresh fish, even the mildest lamb would
score higher on the "gamey chart".  You get into some good, aged and worked
mutton, and you get some good lod fashioned stong flavor out there.  At
least in the US, where feeds and ranching techniques may be different.  The
US lamb we get sometimes is a good bit 'less delicate' than one would expect
from something called lamb . . . could be a few months older than some
others, and again feed makes a difference.

niccolo difrancesco
(who likes a little character to his your slaughtered meats)